Ok, if you love your pet just as much as you do your family (like we all do here at the clinic) you are probably going to get them a Christmas present of some sort. It’s a great idea and we are sure you are giving it some thought. Here are a couple ideas we thought of: (Hopefully you have not thought of all these already)
- Extra Time to Play: This one is great because you know they love it already! Take your dog on an extra long walk or play with that ball you haven’t gotten out in a while. If you have a cat, maybe you can spend some extra time with him or her with their favorite toy.
- Chew Toys: This one will most likely be for dogs only. Chew toys are great to divert their attention to something other than your furniture or Christmas decorations. Most dogs love them! Maybe get a bigger one than you usually do to celebrate the Holiday season.
- Treats: Special treats are out and about this time of year for your pet. Every pet boutique has something special for this season. Treat your pet to something special. (Just make sure you know what the ingredients are so you can watch out for allergies. Most pet boutiques have their ingredients listed.)
- A New Bed: Most dogs love their beds. Think about giving him or her an upgrade. They will enjoy it daily! For a cat, you can also get a bed…but maybe think about a good spot for you to put a cat castle or climbing house for them.
- Health Care: Now this one probably won’t be as fun for them particularly, but it would benefit them in the long-run. Has your pet been needing a dental? An exam? More Flea/Tick medication?
If you have other pet-gifting ideas to share, post them on our Facebook page for all to see.