Cheristin™ for Cats is a type of flea treatment that works well. It also works as a preventative.
Fleas can be a big problem for your cat and your family. Left untreated, fleas can bring about major health issues to your cat and as a result, bring about an unhealthy living environment for you and your family.
Some of these issues include:
- Skin conditions for your cat
- You cat constantly scratching, chewing, biting
- Cat Scratch Disease (Fleas can transmit this infection between other cats)
- Anemia, if severe
- Tapeworm infections if fleas become ingested
Some issues for you at home can include:
- Your own scratching
- Infected fleas can transmit disease to you
- If a child ingests a flea they may also get a tapeworm infection
Within 24 hours of a flea’s first blood meal, a female flea can lay eggs as quick as 40-50 per day. So, even with just a few fleas found on your cat, if left untreated, can turn into quite the infestation.
It’s very important to have your cat on a flea preventive. For best results, you can have your cat on this preventative, treat all of your pets with a preventive, and routinely vacuum and keep clean where your cat(s) normally lay around.
*If you do choose this product, they offer a free service on their website to get monthly reminders (texts or emails) so you won’t ever forget to give your cat their preventative!