How do you ensure your pet stays heartworm free for 6 months?
Get the ProHeart® 6 shot.
Firstly, heartworm disease has been diagnosed in every state. It cannot be stressed enough the importance of having your pet on a heartworm preventative. This disease is transmitted year-round and is potentially fatal. Your pet is at risk if he or she is an outdoor pet or an indoor pet.
Heartworm disease is transmitted through the mosquito. We have a lot of those in Florida! This is the cycle in a nutshell:
- An infected dog is bitten by a mosquito
- That mosquito takes in young heartworms as it bites
- Those heartworms grow in that mosquito
- That mosquito bites a different dog
- The heartworms in that mosquito go into the new dog it bit
- Those heartworms grow into adults inside the new dog
- A few months later, the female heartworms reproduce in that same dog
See how easy it is to spread especially in our state? Please get your dog on a preventative! It really does help not only your dog, but others as well.
The ProHeart® 6 shot allows you to just give your dog a shot every 6 months. This way, you don’t have to worry about a monthly dose or anything like that! It’s very quick and virtually painless and it’s a great product.
PLEASE CALL US TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. IT’S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOUR DOG GET ON A PREVENTATIVE FOR HEARTWORM DISEASE.