Getting your dog out and about is good for training purposes. For instance, taking your dog on a walk will get him more comfortable in being in an environment of new people. This will help train him to be more calm if someone new walks in the door or if you take your dog to a small public space such as a restaurant.
It can be a lot of fun eating on a nice patio at a good restaurant with family and friends, including your dog (they are family too!). If you start practicing with your dog by getting him or her used to being around others and listening to you, you can easily pull it off and still have a relaxing meal.
With us being in Florida, we thought we would let you know or some good restaurants we like that are dog-friendly.
Here’s a couple in Palm Harbor:
- Ohana Cafe: They have an open outdoor patio with fans. They serve (mostly organic) Hawaiian-style meals.
- Boyle’s Backyard: Mainly outdoor restaurant. Shady, fans, will provide water and bowls.
Here’s a couple in Dunedin:
- Dunedin Brewery: They have an outdoor patio and is home to the Dunedin Dog Rescue, which hosts monthly fundraisers for area pups.
- Skip’s Bar and Grill: Popular in Downtown Dunedin, American fare and provide water bowls.
- The Living Room on Main: Tapas bar, great happy hours, extremely dog-friendly and fun.
Here’s a couple in the Clearwater area:
- Clearwater Wine Bar and Bistro: They have great pet-friendly outdoor courtyard. The last Saturday of every month they do a Yappy Hour fundraiser for local pet rescue and rehabilitation groups where patrons are encouraged to bring their dogs for some fun!
- Brown Boxer: They have a nice outdoor patio for you and your pup.
Hopefully this short list can give you some ideas to have a good night out with your pet and the rest of your family and friends! And if you have places you know of that are fun and great for dogs, please let us know via Facebook by clicking here!
Love, Day and Evening Staff