At Day and Evening Pet Hospital, we see clients all the time who want to protect their pets from parasites, ticks, fleas, etc. in the most convenient way possible.
One of those ways is with Seresto®. Seresto® is an easy and effective flea and tick protection that lasts a full 8 months!
It is a protection collar for dogs. This collar not only protects against fleas, but can also kill them through contact of the active ingredients coming from the collar–meaning the fleas do not have to bite your dog in order to die like some preventatives.
Here is how it works:
- Active ingredients are stored in the collar.
- They are released in small amounts for 8 months.
- They distribute over the dog’s hair & skin.
- As they wear off, Seresto® replenishes the skin with a new supply of active ingredients.
- Again, this cycle protects your dog for a full 8 months!
This collar is also pretty cool due to the design! If your dog were to ever get trapped or stuck onto something, your dog’s own strength is good enough to widen the collar enough for him or her to get out of it. You can click here to see how that works. You’ll have to scroll down a little on that website link to see the video.
We all know it’s important to protect your dog from fleas and ticks. What may be a tough decision is which form of protection to use. This one is pretty convenient. Come on in and ask us anything if you have questions or call us at 727-785-7200.